Book Care Policy
One of the concepts we emphasize in the library is respect for property. You can encourage your child to take care of his or her library books by:
- Keeping library books in a safe spot in your home
- Keeping food and drink away from library books
- Turn pages with care
- Keep pets away from books
- Keep books away from younger brothers and sisters who might scribble in, or tear books
- Carry your library books in your library book bag. Keep your books dry.
Lost Book Policies
Students are responsible for the books they check out from Royal Road School Library. If a book is lost, the student will be responsible for paying $10. While we do not charge fines for late or damaged books, we do charge if a book is lost.
Lost Books – If a “lost” book is found after the replacement cost has been paid, the student will be reimbursed the cost of the book after it has been returned to the library.
Overdue Notices – Overdue notices and bills for lost books will be sent home periodically with your child. Please check backpacks and agendas for overdue notices.